• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

4 Season Sleeping Bag Recommendations?

Well, the bag arrived today, nicely boxed up. On opening, the bag itself was immaculate, wholly unmarked, no repairs, and smelling sweet. No greasy hair stains in the hood!!
It weighs approximately the same as the excellent Arctic 90 bag and seems to have similar loft, so I'm expecting warm nights.
It is approximately 220 cms overall, lovely for my 6'4" carcass...….
It has a ventral zip of superb quality and is 2 way, why I don't know, but it runs for the full length of the bag, whereas my Arctic 90 runs only to midway, making getting in with the inner bag, a bit of a faff...…….
The hood has an excellent drawstring and a chin baffle over the zip, and the zip has a full length baffle as well
The bag has poppers for the Dutch bivvy bag and poppers for it's liner which is marvellous: I just happen to have had one from Military Mart!!
The inside of the bag is lined with a polycotton inside, as is the liner bag.
If you like the Arctic 90, you'll like this...…….excellent photos on site...…...

The liner is available here:

£45 the lot 👍 👍

Ps I could have a couple (certainly one?) of Arctic 90's needing a cheap home? One with a longer zip than the other....pm me if interested.........

It does....mind you the same site is selling the Arctic 90 for only £28, which is a steal, if they're good ones!!
I think as 1 Shot has suggested, I'll have a sleep out in the garden in the next few days?

Proof of intent
(in....tent.... ho ho ho.....I crack myself up:rofl:)

Attachments

• lavvu winter set up1.jpg
    lavvu winter set up1.jpg
    525.8 KB · Views: 127
  • lavvu winter set up.jpg
    lavvu winter set up.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 129
What is the centre piece holding the poles Lol ? I do fancy an external set up for my lavvu.

It makes for so much more useable room....The poles I use are from a Blacks good Companion Standard, a spare set I got : however, poles for the F10 Vango will work and are available new, or any lashed poles. An easy and cheap idea would be a couple of extendable washing line poles, about fiver each. I then stuff something up the apex, socks, small ball, whatever, and then loop a line to whatever you are tying off to. In my case I made a loop and hook it to the hook that the original tent hangs off?

For tonight I've just used a cheap tarp as groundsheet (it's normal one!), then my canoe/bed/seat mat ( a mechanics mat) and then I put in the old Czech officers* thing. If the Dutch bag is beaten by the cold, that can toggle quickly around everything. Otherwise the Dutch M90 is on it's own...….:eek:

*https://www.militarymart.co.uk/serbian-army-sleeping-bag/ ……..............it's a beast!! (Used to be labelled as Czech Officers bag.....)

Hi Lol :)

Good on you mate.....hope you have a comfortable and enjoyable night in the new bag.
Going to be lovely inside that Lavvu if the heavens open up :thumbsup:

It makes for so much more useable room....The poles I use are from a Blacks good Companion Standard, a spare set I got : however, poles for the F10 Vango will work and are available new, or any lashed poles. An easy and cheap idea would be a couple of extendable washing line poles, about fiver each. I then stuff something up the apex, socks, small ball, whatever, and then loop a line to whatever you are tying off to. In my case I made a loop and hook it to the hook that the original tent hangs off?

For tonight I've just used a cheap tarp as groundsheet (it's normal one!), then my canoe/bed/seat mat ( a mechanics mat) and then I put in the old Czech officers* thing. If the Dutch bag is beaten by the cold, that can toggle quickly around everything. Otherwise the Dutch M90 is on it's own...….:eek:

*https://www.militarymart.co.uk/serbian-army-sleeping-bag/ ……..............it's a beast!! (Used to be labelled as Czech Officers bag.....)

Cheers for the details mate, I've got poles that I'm looking forward to using as an external frame, its something to fit the poles to for a solid frame I'm looking for. I'll go with lashing them together if I have to but I'm on the hunt for 'something' that I can fix them to for a bit of rigidity.

Hope the night is going well mate.

Cheers for the details mate, I've got poles that I'm looking forward to using as an external frame, its something to fit the poles to for a solid frame I'm looking for. I'll go with lashing them together if I have to but I'm on the hunt for 'something' that I can fix them to for a bit of rigidity.

Hope the night is going well mate.

Have a look at the Vango F10 joiners.....depending on pole diameter, they work perfectly...………..

Back