• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Another clothes thread (sorry)

Holy hells i will be skinto and i only clicked one link so far (the 170 quid jacket) but ayes i dont mind paying extra but defo want to keep prices down. I will perhaps list what i own and have atm (non clothing) and as said a lot was learnt here and on other forums. Tbh i have read this forum daily for months and know a fair bit about you all lol.

:ninja-worried:

Which part of scotyland are yi Fay mate:thumbsup:

You cant buy a paka mac and a pair of trainers and then climb a mountain :thumbsup::D

Now bill that sounds like a challenge me old mucker :D[/QUOTE]

Not at all Mark.:whistle:

It's funny how opinions change when people get out for extended periods and the weather changes on them.
Layers start letting water through....boots leak......misery and maybe the need for rescue!!

Like I said above....best to limit activities to the kit you have....especially for beginners:thumbsup:
Build your kit up slowly and make doubly sure its fit for what you plan to ask of it.......and time spent outdoors:thumbsup:

A set of Combats and a pair of DMS boots are ok for a day in the woods....but cliumbing Munros and overnighting in Scotland kind of warrents a bit more.:thumbsup:

Best to say it as it is rather than polish a turd:rofl::thumbsup:;)

Highlands. Already done Staic Pollaidh though i wasnt able to nail its highest point and did put on plimsoles (Vans waffles) when i got to the general recognised top (off came ma work boots when going from the east to western point) or however it was.

Highlands. Already done Staic Pollaidh though i wasnt able to nail its highest point and did put on plimsoles (Vans waffles) when i got to the general recognised top (off came ma work boots when going from the east to western point) or however it was.

Was meant to quote Mark W.

Now bill that sounds like a challenge me old mucker :D

Not at all Mark.:whistle:

It's funny how opinions change when people get out for extended periods and the weather changes on them.
Layers start letting water through....boots leak......misery and maybe the need for rescue!!

Like I said above....best to limit activities to the kit you have....especially for beginners:thumbsup:
Build your kit up slowly and make doubly sure its fit for what you plan to ask of it.......and time spent outdoors:thumbsup:

A set of Combats and a pair of DMS boots are ok for a day in the woods....but cliumbing Munros and overnighting in Scotland kind of warrents a bit more.:thumbsup:

Best to say it as it is rather than polish a turd:rofl::thumbsup:;)[/QUOTE]

All joking aside that's Sound advice bill :thumbsup:

Highlands you say....big place that mate;)

Next time put the air max on and run up it:rofl:

Never been much of a hill climber mate..but that's changing next year..there's a few hill needs climbing around my area

Highlands you say....big place that mate;)

Next time put the air max on and run up it:rofl:

Never been much of a hill climber mate..but that's changing next year..there's a few hill needs climbing around my area
The staic isnt high compared to Munros as ya will know but tbh the munros look (mostly) boring as fxxk. Munros to me if am honest is....not climbing Munros and finding a place to make fires and eat :whistle:

The staic isnt high compared to Munros as ya will know but tbh the munros look (mostly) boring as fxxk. Munros to me if am honest is....not climbing Munros and finding a place to make fires and eat :whistle:

Fires and eat...:rofl:

Anything bigger than grassy hill is a mountain to me mate.:rofl:

But if your talking serious climbing then check out this. Wouldn't mind a free clime on this
IMG_0690.JPG

That's some serious hill, that mate o_O I'm getting outta breath and a sweat on just looking at :rofl: I'm planning on doing a bit hill wildcamping this autumn/winter, i don't think i could tackle out like that :D:rofl:

Back