• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Back at it.

48/60
With the Lincoln 😲
Only picked it up cos I fancied a larf
Joint 2nd place with a 49/60 winning.
2nd stand was a bitch
L-r pair crossing through the sun and into the woods..

Edit
Forgot to add the photo. 😯 20210919_223101.jpg

Last edited:
Was a very windy one today. Last 2 would have been more pleasant if I'd taken my boots and socks off, shit in my boots and put my bare feet back in.
Not last but in the mix, average scores were 30-40 the top gun being 45 iirc.
34/60. With the uo.
πŸ€¦πŸ»πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ™„
20211003_134002.jpg

Well, all it take is 1 bad stand to ruin a reasonable day.
40/60 πŸ™„, mid table.
Top gun 56/60, tail-ender 34/60
Big looping l-r battue and a fast quartering away r-l.
Missing the 1st got to me making me miss the 2nd . Normally not to bad on the big looper. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
Shit happens.

Attachments

• 20211017_132702.jpg
    20211017_132702.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 79
43/60
The first 2 stands in driving rain then had to put the big coat back in the car as the sun came out. Didn't use the score sheet as they would have disappeared after the first stand.
Stand 3 was the big looper that did for me last outing, least I managed to hit it this time. πŸ™„

Screenshot_20211031-121304_Samsung Notes.jpg

Progressive senility is a terrible thing... :sad:

Just hope the rozzers don't insist on that medical check-up before they renew your SGC... :whistle:

Bugger me it warr blinkin cold this morning.
40/60 with the benelli..
Missed some easy clays cos the brain wouldn't engage.
For example, you can't shoot under a rising clay and expect to hit it. Or a going away clay and being behind it, dohh, it just dunt work..cover it with the barrel you jobknocky. πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
Stupid shit like that cost me at least 6 clays.πŸ™„πŸ˜–

42/60 with the ou and 1 terrible stand that I'd normally get 6 or 7 on.
Stand 1 was top of the carpark with pair r-l crossing. Gave the first 2 pairs way to much lead, opposite of last time.
Stand 2 was in the pit, bolting fox on report big r-l looper.
Stand 3 was middle of the field crossing mid height pair. 😲 I dunno.
Stand 4 was bottom of the field, going away climber on left and an on report medium big r-l crossing looper.
Stand 5 was in the woods, 2 overhead on report from behind, 1st was a slow dropper 2nd making a dash over the tree tops.
Stand 6 was the r-l rabbit that sometimes bounces high and a climbing going away through the trees.
20211212_121105.jpg

Jeezzz. πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ
How couple of stands can ruin a card...
Even got a smiley face.

S1, top of the carpark, r-l crossing on report over the laurel bush, again giving the 2nd one to much lead. πŸ™„

S2, bolting fox and and on report high r-l crosser caught on the drop. 😁

S3, bottom of the field, easy going away climber and a r-l crosser as a pair. Should have nailed the climber but I think the crosser was pulling my eye away early, Betty missed the first pair then 3 of the other 4 pairs she got doubles. (2 with 1 shot). Jammy bugger 😠

S4, middle of the field, l-r flat battue on edge (think looking at a pencil at 20 yards, that's what we see) , and a r-l crossing mid height on report. That's better πŸ™‚

S5, top of the field by the containers, just from the right of stand a fast climbing away and an on report fast flat going away.πŸ™‚

And finally
S6, a new stand up in the BB battle ground.
Big l-r looper, from trap to landing spot is about 30 yards, but it goes up about 40 yards and the total flight time is only about 3 seconds. Goodness how I hate that trap. And the an incoming flat that came out from the tree line over the piles of tyres and stuff the BB boys play around.

20211226_122140.jpg

I've tried alsorts to master that big looper
Leading it up and down, flat line stright through it, gun up, gun down. Might start just throwing rocks at it 🀣.
All the fun eh. πŸ˜‰

Missed a couple of shoots, full of cold was I.
37/60 reasonable πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
The wind and rain came to play today, nice.
So looking at the score card I have a problem (latest in a long line) with l-r quartering clays, as stand 1 was a l-r quartering followed by a slow low incomer that was a way out to start with and only 1 of our gang got a half decent score on.
Stand 2 was the r-l rabbit followed by a rising going away.
Stand 3 was a pair of overhead from behind.
Stand 4 was a pair r-l quartering.
Stand 5 was the pit with a l-r high dropping quartering followed by the usual r-l quartering.
and stand 6 was a l-r quartering followed by an on edge up and down going away.
20220220_121709.jpg

Last edited:
Back