• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

camping holiday

I am bill
IMG_2706.JPG

Been here since 8 bill

A know the old saying...the one that got away lol. But the one that did get away was pulling the line out with the drag on high witch tells me double figures. Wasn't to be lol

A know the old saying...the one that got away lol. But the one that did get away was pulling the line out with the drag on high witch tells me double figures. Wasn't to be lol
You will never win them all mate, personally I start with the drag fairly light unless I'm using very light line in which case the drag is tightened to within about half pound of the breaking strain of the line. Also I just let the fish run just using a bit of side strain to make it keep turning

A had it on light Drag to start with joe then I tightened it because it was striping it of a managed to get it in about 4 foot from the edge then lost it mate. A use a self hooking rig so a can leve the reel on the runner a prefer that to bite alarms

A had it on light Drag to start with joe then I tightened it because it was striping it of a managed to get it in about 4 foot from the edge then lost it mate. A use a self hooking rig so a can leve the reel on the runner a prefer that to bite alarms
That's the difference between us Mark, I use straight through tackle with no fancy setups, probably because I like and am used to the old fashioned methods

That's the difference between us Mark, I use straight through tackle with no fancy setups, probably because I like and am used to the old fashioned methods

That's what a use a straight through line with a method feeder but a put the ground bait and sweat corn mix on it and the hook and hair rig in also so it's a egg shaped ball so when it settles on the ground it's a pile of feed and when the hover it up the hook turns and bobs your uncle. Very simple but very affective

Back