• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Friday night in Devilla

Bam

Extremely Addicted
An open invite, a few of us are heading into Devilla on friday for a wee catch up, So far its myself and Forest Wanders definite and hopefully GIZMO. The spot we're heading for is one I've used many times before and there's room round and about for a fair few set ups. The nearest water is about 80-100 yards away although I haven't tried it. If anyone fancies it give us a shout, if you want some more info, again, give us a shout.

Cheers Bill, looking forward to it, be good to see the guys again. Smurf is all loved up although we're going out up the Ochils the following weekend and Mark has a note from his mum. ;)

Oh, realised I've allowed for 2kg of food. Still 20kg is too much though.

I'm planning on going in light, I know I'll add stuff to the bag if there's room though. :D

I'm defo not taking the big bag though..... or at least that's the plan. :rolleyes:

That IS me going in light!

That would be light for me too Paul, I start off with a pretty sensible list of gear and then add some bells and whistles, I can guarantee I'll have a couple days of spare dried scran with me although its about an 11 mile walk from where we'll be camping to my house. I'll have a load of spare lights/batteries.... etc etc that I'll drop in and because they're in a drysack with other stuff, och I might as well just put the whole lot in..... Then if there's space I'll throw in a fire log and/or some charcoal. :lol:

Oh, best not forget the box of vino. :rofl:

I'll see if I can break the habit when I pack tomorrow/friday morning.

An open invite, a few of us are heading into Devilla on friday for a wee catch up, So far its myself and Forest Wanders definite and hopefully GIZMO. The spot we're heading for is one I've used many times before and there's room round and about for a fair few set ups. The nearest water is about 80-100 yards away although I haven't tried it. If anyone fancies it give us a shout, if you want some more info, again, give us a shout.

Move south east!!???:thumbsup:

Aye but Bam, this is me with the bare essentials! (Green is packed, yellow still to go in)
even after I weighed everything individually and packed it the whole thing was 2kg heavier than anticipated. I think maybe the scales are knackered so have ordered a luggage scale.
The Rucksack is a long back bergen without side pouches.

1583996478163.png

Here's mine, its more of an aid memoire than your more detailed list. It doesn't include the crap in my pockets etc. Being a tink I'll not bother with my dhoby kit, chewing gum will have to do for toothpaste until I get home..... don't judge me. :oopsy:

DEVILLA
-----------------------------

BEDDING AND SHELTER
-------------------

DD 3 X 3 TARP
GROUND TARPS
BIVVY BAG
REFLECTIVE SHEET
MATTRESS
PILLOW
DOWN BAG
SOFTIE SUIT

COOKING
-------

STAINLESS STEEL SET
EXTRA LARGE POT SET
TRANGIA FRYING PAN
GRILL PLATE
2X METHS POTS
METHS BOTTLE
STEEL CUP
WIND SHIELDS
CHOPPING BOARD AND TONGS ETC

OTHER GEAR
----------

FAK
TABLE AND CHAIR
WATER KIT
kUKRI/SAW/MORA
SMALL SPADE AND TISSUES
WORKY GLOVES
FIRE LOG
CHARCOAL
EXTRA CORDAGE

LIGHTING
--------

HEAD TORCH AND SPARE BATTERIES

SCRAN
-----

VINO
OIL (PLENTY)
TIN OF CHICKEN & PASTA. INGIN/MUSHROOM/LEEK/SWEETCORN
ROLL, TATTIE SCONE & EGG
STANDARD SPARE SCRAN

SPARE CLOTHES ETC
-----------------

NOGGY TOPS/FLEECE
FOULIE JACKET
HAT/GLOVES

OK may as well join in.....

Asda reusable bag
Extra tesco bag.... Plastic

Sleeping gear
Bin liner
Cardboard from case of beer
Food
Mars bar.... Unfried..... Batter for said Mars bar
Bottle of irn bru
Fish and chips.... Delivered or last night's.
Tools
Glasgow essential.... Steel comb.... Samurai sword..... Silencer for Glasgow kiss.... Any old scarf will do.
Other essentials will be robbed from fellow Campers. 🏕️

Ye Gods you guys are organised :thumbsup: I tend to wander around the garage, pull stuff off the shelves/boxes, dump on the floor.....consider it...….repeat as needed!!:eek:

I used to be quite disorganised but I found I was forgetting stuff so started keeping a text file on my desktop to tweak as I go. The last list had all sorts as it was for the Galloway trip and we were going in with a car. For the last day or so its just been a case of changing stuff on the list. When I start assembling the stuff it gets a * next to it. Its not foolproof, its the decree of the Outdoor Gods that you have to forget something, you just have to hope its something minor. ;)

I used to be quite disorganised but I found I was forgetting stuff so started keeping a text file on my desktop to tweak as I go. The last list had all sorts as it was for the Galloway trip and we were going in with a car. For the last day or so its just been a case of changing stuff on the list. When I start assembling the stuff it gets a * next to it. Its not foolproof, its the decree of the Outdoor Gods that you have to forget something, you just have to hope its something minor. ;)
so true...…….…...

Back