• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Friday night in Devilla

Cheers guys, weather should be decent today although rain forecast overnight. Is it this weekend you lads are off for your trip too ?

All packed...... Don't know what weight but its not lightweight 😮..... Think the heavy duty ear plugs to combat bams snoring was the back breaker😜

200.gif

Well.....it wont be the Breakfast will it?? :whistle: 🤭:rofl:

I'll be slipping and proceeding early on so I'll probably skip breakfast Bill..... :eek: The missus will head out and walk the dugs at Devilla and I'll chum her home. Bit crap but we've got a fair bit to do over the weekend. I've got porridge (and coffee natch ;)) so if I have options but it will just make life easier (for my lugs anyway) if I keep her sweet.

Waaaaa’r is awe the pictures??? :sneaky::whistle::D

I only took a few mate, currently relaxing with my vitamin T watching Halifax V Ebbsfleet (the only show in town)..... Will try and put some up later. To be honest, there wasn't much photography going on, got some of scran and some of the fire... got a bit distracted by us putting the world to rights, we decided that it would have made a good episode of 'Grumpy old Men'. :lol:

I got there around 3pm and was met by @Forest wanders and Clyde at the car park and we walked in the 2km to meet @Bam
21kg is too much for me to be carrying that distance and I didn't even include the hammock and under-blanket so will need to revisit the options for lightening the load.
Once we were all set up we gathered around the fire for some grumpy old men chatter and a few drinkies. I had a little too much rum and fell over a log at one point. Doh!
The water source there was very murky so I didn't use it but used up my 2.5L of water that I carried in and was still short so really need to go with filtering the stream water next time.
@Bam left fairly sharpish in the morning and @Forest wanders soon after. I hung around for a while to have my breakfast, coffee and recover a bit but the lack of water forced me to leave earlier than I had planned.
It was a good night with good banter and the forest is certainly a place I'd like to revisit.
Cheers
2020-03-13 17.27.16.jpg
2020-03-13 18.02.42.jpg
2020-03-13 18.02.47.jpg
2020-03-13 18.03.09.jpg
2020-03-13 18.04.11.jpg
2020-03-13 18.59.35.jpg
2020-03-13 20.29.28.jpg
2020-03-14 09.56.17.jpg

Back