• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Just a bit of hypothetical fun

Mate of mine Joe in north Carolina he's a hillbilly he sent me this sign in metal they take it serious where he's from he told me if your ever going to visit anyone round here call them first or you could get shot esp if its dark
I guess they live by their own rules, I believe it's a bit like that in parts of the Mississippi delta

there are a few places like that in North Devon, real "duelling banjo's" type places, old local saying states "that's where they eat the firstborn!!:rofl:

Its like it all over the southern states Joe Texas brought out new rulings now if someone is trespassing on your property your within your rights to shot them if A: they are damaging your property B: forced illegal entry C : threatening behaviour likely to cause harm be good if they allowed those rules here I bet crime would drop and the body count would rise dramatically

some parts of the South West have the highest house prices outside of London and the lowest wages.
last time I checked the average house in the SW was 15 X the average salary.

some parts of the South West have the highest house prices outside of London and the lowest wages.
last time I checked the average house in the SW was 15 X the average salary.
Sounds about right mate, no chance for the kids unless they move out of the area

my eldest even though she works cant even afford to rent a place working for minimum wage ya cant afford nothing she even struggles paying her way as a family we help out but it should never be like this for the young its like she says everything in the shops are more than what your earning because your living literally from hand to mouth

my eldest even though she works cant even afford to rent a place working for minimum wage ya cant afford nothing she even struggles paying her way as a family we help out but it should never be like this for the young its like she says everything in the shops are more than what your earning because your living literally from hand to mouth
My daughter is living with us until she gets married in July simply because living rent free for six months is the only way she can pay for the wedding

to be honest with ya joe i despair sometimes at the way things are heading comes to something when ya got the gov saying making work pay i fail to see how when we still have our kids at home and they cant get no where in life yet they work hard

The rich richer and the poor poorer is what Ma grandad used to say it's the hardest working that takes the main blunt in fact the people in charge take no blunt what so ever am afraid of what Ma kids will grow up to

to be honest with ya joe i despair sometimes at the way things are heading comes to something when ya got the gov saying making work pay i fail to see how when we still have our kids at home and they cant get no where in life yet they work hard
My recommendation to any youngster these days is to go into the military, learn a good trade that will serve you in civilian life and then emigrate

My recommendation to any youngster these days is to go into the military, learn a good trade that will serve you in civilian life and then emigrate

A don't think that's bad advice joe but it's not one a would offer to my kidds a wouldn't stand in there way if they chose that to me the military is a double edged sword you the right people following orders but in my view the rong people giving them
A have the highest respect for soldiers that fight for there country my hat comes of to them but am not sure I would want my kids to go to war

A don't think that's bad advice joe but it's not one a would offer to my kidds a wouldn't stand in there way if they chose that to me the military is a double edged sword you the right people following orders but in my view the rong people giving them
A have the highest respect for soldiers that fight for there country my hat comes of to them but am not sure I would want my kids to go to war
That's a decision only you and them can make mate but whatever I respect your comment and opinion

i have the highest respect for those that serve in wars but I have no respect for those that send them to war.

Back