• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

morning

Wonder if it would be worth trying the heat pads we use Bam?.......might give her some relief when its really playing her up?
Or a hot water bottle :thumbsdown:.....dear old Girl:(

Tad pooped today taking along time to wake up :rolleyes: did a 16hr shift at work yesterday got roped in to changing a rear chasis on a landrover finally got away from work at at 2300hrs last night .... job done and £400 pound richer :thumbsup:....
Way to go mate :thumbsup:

Wonder if it would be worth trying the heat pads we use Bam?.......might give her some relief when its really playing her up?
Or a hot water bottle :thumbsdown:.....dear old Girl:(
Good idea, we're waiting to see what the vets say and play it by ear, Mar (Mrs Bam) is pretty proactive about this stuff.

we use cold liver oil tablets for our old lad .... may be worth a try :thumbsup:

I've tried feeding her some of mine, I take them for an arthritic elbow, she had them for a couple days then realised they weren't 'proper food' so stopped. :lol: Its something else that is on our horizon though, along with turmeric etc, still at the 'wait and see' stage yet. The joys of having dogs eh ??

@Bam i use the tablets you get at asda (cod liver) .... their is also tablets available called YuMOVE Plus One-A-Day

maybe worth a try mate :thumbsup:
Cheers Matt, she has the YuMove now although I think they're on hold for now as we've got painkillers from the vet until they decide on the longer term 'way ahead'. At the moment its not too bad, the vets just want to make sure its not something else to do with her cruciate op but its looking like its just arthritis, the other back leg has early signs of it too. I've always jokingly called her the runt of the litter as she's never been as robust as her brother but she's well loved and they're spoilt buggers.

I'm just emerging from the dark zone....obviously the Forum has been up and running and not in the hands of the Tweakers...I was expecting you all to reappear this evening...
anim_59.gif

Attachments

• anim_59.gif
    anim_59.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 17
Mornin' all, still pretty dark here and its precipitating down, will be all day. :( Will carry on going over my gear for the weekend, the missus will be coming home early today so that should curtail my snoozing opportunities dagnammit !

Have a good one folks.

Morning folks, Dry but grey here. May hear today whether we are to be locked up for a couple of weeks, or not. Any boat moving plans or anything else at all really, depends on Virus laws in the cooking pot....

Morning all, a cool day again, tool sorting day, need to stop trailing ALL my gear around site lol

Dry here today but forecast to go downhill later in the week. Today I'm going to buy a bit more timber to finish off the winter goat shed.

Hopefully the weather will improve for you guys by next weekend Andy :thumbsup:
Nearly there with the kit admin?
I've done 'the list', most of it is stuff that is used fairly often so it will just be a once over. We've only got one night on the hills really (at least that's the plan....) then we're down into civilisation so we'll be able to resupply with scran etc as we go. Although I'll have a big bag it will mostly be spare clothes and that, hopefully I'll be able to dhoby and dry gear as we go, so it should be reasonably light. I'll take a small folding saw but no hatchets or other heavy survival stuff, I'll maybe get some firelighters in case we do have a small open fire but we'll be playing that stuff by ear and I'll have my 'fire kit' with me anyway. As long walks go its going to be pretty tame to be honest Bill but better than nothing.

Back