• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

OUT FISHING

Tying flys used to be a winter pass time Mark.....a good vice and light.......coffee by your side.....relaxing.
Still got a fair bit of tying material up in the shed.......may have to start again :thumbsup:

Go for it mate :D
Mite invest in new line for the rod and some material to tie :thumbsup: get back on the loch with the fly rod.

Well I guy I used to know regularly paid out good money to fish some nice Scottish rivers, if it looked like drawing a blank fishing legit he would tie a ledger onto the bottom of his line with a couple of trebles up the length, cast in, take up the slack and watch the line for the Salmon / Sea Trout bumping it then just strike and foul hook the fish :(

The only way I would condone that l...if it was to feed someone starving :thumbsdown: no sport in that

@Ark79

Hi Mark.

Thought I would post this up.........not strictly a fly.....but may account for a Trout or two mate :thumbsup:
Or use on a light spin/match rod using split shot to get it out there?
I will be trying these for the Flounder on the fly rod....maybe use as a dropper.

Hildebrandt Flicker Spinner size 1/40 oz nickel or gold colour.

DSC03141.JPG

Just a thought mate:thumbsup::)

Think that would work well on the fly rod bill:thumbsup:
Could use that for rainbow trout:D av throwing a few flys out for the pike so a would think it’s the same principles.

Always wanted to try fly in the sea mate. Looking forward to seeing your result with the flounders.

Back