• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Pets

A very reliable source has told me he is a bit disobedient, licks his balls, rubs his arse along the carpet, sniffs arses and shites in the garden…………...The dog is coming along fine thought. 👍🐶🐶
I actually have a photo of Mark
troll no3.png

Are there any trout in that river Mike?

Certainly are Joe, I surveyed, electro fished, that very stretch on a few occasions during my career, and always found an abundance of Brown Trout. They are not big in size, you may find the odd 7oz fish, but most are smaller, but very good numbers. 👍

There are no migratory fish, Salmon or Sea Trout, on the upper reaches of the Mardle due to the geography downstream, but there is some Spawning on the lower stretch.

Certainly are Joe, I surveyed, electro fished, that very stretch on a few occasions during my career, and always found an abundance of Brown Trout. They are not big in size, you may find the odd 7oz fish, but most are smaller, but very good numbers. 👍

There are no migratory fish, Salmon or Sea Trout, on the upper reaches of the Mardle due to the geography downstream, but there is some Spawning on the lower stretch.
It can be surprising just what these little streams can hold, about 10 minutes from me there is a very small stream about 8 feet wide at its maximum with less than 2 feet in depth in the summer and that holds chub that probably go to a pound along with a few American crays

New member of the family arrived today😁
I know in recent months I've been talking about GSD and GSP type dogs, but an opportunity arose 3 days ago, and I took it.

So this my border collie, Merlin 😊
He's 10 weeks old, from working stock and just adorable 😍
Had him since 10 am today.

20221126_104843.jpg
received_1145535379670014.jpeg
received_6019107658141857.jpeg
received_693795812072005.jpeg
20221126_104828.jpg

Attachments

• 20221126_104836.jpg
    20221126_104836.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 29
It’s a good job that you love walking. Once he’s got recall and is ok around sheep he will be able to run rings around you off lead all day. Border collies are one of my favourite breeds, once they‘ve decided that they’ll do what you want of them they're quick and eager to learn. We get quite a few through as rescues.

It’s a good job that you love walking. Once he’s got recall and is ok around sheep he will be able to run rings around you off lead all day. Border collies are one of my favourite breeds, once they‘ve decided that they’ll do what you want of them they're quick and eager to learn. We get quite a few through as rescues.
Never had a puppy before Mike, so it's all new to me🤷‍♂️ Only ever had adult dogs that I've rescued. So I might be pestering you for some tips in the very near future 😉

Back