• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register
IMG_2232.JPG
IMG_2234.JPG

This is some punk wood (pinus palustris aka longleaf pine) in my AO.
Dom......

Was just checking out the differences in using punk wood and char cloth yesterday, gonna try treating some wood and try it out. Good post, thank You for sharing.

Good video again. Thanks. Like Joe says around our local woodland all our punky wood is just soggy mush covered in thick moss.
I'll need to review your video in the summer again. :)

Was just checking out the differences in using punk wood and char cloth yesterday, gonna try treating some wood and try it out. Good post, thank You for sharing.
Thank you for commenting.
Keith.

Good video again. Thanks. Like Joe says around our local woodland all our punky wood is just soggy mush covered in thick moss.
I'll need to review your video in the summer again. :)
If it was me, I would squeeze the damp/wet punkwood out & let it dry in my haversack or next to my camp fire. Polypore fungi is often found on the ground in this "soggy" condition. When it rains the fungus soaks up the water until it becomes so heavy that it looses its grip on the tree & falls to the ground. I collect it anyway & let it dry out. That is just the way it is, that is what you have to do.
Keith.
Laetiporus Portentosus.jpg
Laetiporus Portentosis. Actually these are difficult to tell one polypore from another sometimes, especially when they are in this condition. This one is shown where I found it, saturated from the rain lying on the forest floor.

Back