• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

The saga continues

A couple of pics of my new 'brief'.
I'm really pleased with it. It is a bit slower to get up to motorway speeds but I don't need that often. A touch longer than the Sorento and 100mm taller but 19% heavier.
Nice amount of internal features which I'm not used to; bluetooth, DAB radio, SatNav, DVD player in the back for the grandkids and it's still got approx. 3 years of manufacturer's warranty remaining. Oh adjustable suspension for the off-road driving modes too and a nice sound system for my dodgy taste in heavy metal.
Hopefully it'll do me a good few years.

View attachment 159717View attachment 159716
Looks great Paul, much more in keeping with you and your lifestyle, and all the extra bells and whistles you get with modern cars are a big plus. I hope you come to love it as much as I love my Freelander. Next job - get some decent off-road tyres on it, a 4x4 with road tyres on it is still just a road car.

G’day there.

Congratulations on the motor! You really can’t go wrong with a Toyota. I’m a LandRover man but have an old 70 series here which we use as our fire truck. Had it 24 years and worked it through tough terrain throughout. Solid

That model gets called a Prado in Australia and is extremely popular. Great reputation.

Sorry you lost me a bit on the list of new electronics features, but pleased you have the speakers to listen to your favourite Saxon albums 🤣

Despite those, your family will love it too.

Congratulations again!

Alan

A couple of pics of my new 'brief'.
I'm really pleased with it. It is a bit slower to get up to motorway speeds but I don't need that often. A touch longer than the Sorento and 100mm taller but 19% heavier.
Nice amount of internal features which I'm not used to; bluetooth, DAB radio, SatNav, DVD player in the back for the grandkids and it's still got approx. 3 years of manufacturer's warranty remaining. Oh adjustable suspension for the off-road driving modes too and a nice sound system for my dodgy taste in heavy metal.
Hopefully it'll do me a good few years.

View attachment 159717View attachment 159716
Great bit of kit, looks like you will have some adventures in that!
(and nothing wrong with the music Fire It Up is a good track, so was the Disturbed-Stronger On Your Own track you had muted on the car in Aviemore.
Rock on my friend !🤘🤘)

Here we are - Wednesday, and no car. They did actually phoned me yesterday, I'll give them that, to tell me they were still working on it and having problems. So I'm waiting for a phone call again today. I wonder what excuse they'll have this time? Chicken dinner for the person who guesses their excuse correctly! 🤣

Here we are - Wednesday, and no car. They did actually phoned me yesterday, I'll give them that, to tell me they were still working on it and having problems. So I'm waiting for a phone call again today. I wonder what excuse they'll have this time? Chicken dinner for the person who guesses their excuse correctly! 🤣
My guess is that they tell you that they received the wrong part and as soon as that became apparent the new part was immediately ordered but will be coming from China around the Cape because of the Middle East crisis and will take a fortnight…but don’t worry, they’ve graciously decided not to charge you storage.

Nice one Paul "suits you sir..suits you ".....told you to buy one of these, for the price of the land cruiser you could have used one and put two in the shed for a rainy day....😁
img_1_1707912130750.jpg

My guess is, young Albert nicked your freelander last week and has it off road on a wild excursion with his bird shareeka….

Great bit of kit, looks like you will have some adventures in that!
(and nothing wrong with the music Fire It Up is a good track, so was the Disturbed-Stronger On Your Own track you had muted on the car in Aviemore.
Rock on my friend !🤘🤘)
heh, didn't realise I was camping with a fellow Disturbed One. 🤘 It's either them or Five Finger Death Punch for me these days. haha

I have a car and it's parked outside my house. It also seems to be working as it should. The jungle drums were correct. I can hardly believe it. I went into shock when they phoned to say it was ready! 😂

I have a car and it's parked outside my house. It also seems to be working as it should. The jungle drums were correct. I can hardly believe it. I went into shock when they phoned to say it was ready! 😂
sooooo what was the fault ?????

sooooo what was the fault ?????
We knew the transfer box needed replacing from day one. The engine fault was the fuel pump solonoid which was sticking. In the process of changing it they also found a faulty seal which needed replacing. It was getting the replacement seal that added a week to the time.

I
Nice one Paul "suits you sir..suits you ".....told you to buy one of these, for the price of the land cruiser you could have used one and put two in the shed for a rainy day....😁View attachment 159724
A Duster! We don’t have them in Australia, but I was given one about ten years ago while working in Beirut….It didn’t seem a bad car, can’t put my finger on it but I really didn’t like it. It had no character. Mine was a brown colour and so I called it The Turd.

When my wife flew in to join me I was too embarrassed to drive it so insisted on changing it for a Nissan XTerra which was a much better car all round.

But there was nothing really wrong with the Duster. It isn’t an off roader. It’s a Fiat chassis ( or maybe a Citroen?) lifted on spacers to give extra clearance. But if a simple, reasonably robust car is needed at low cost it’s a great option.

But personally I reckon Paul is better off with his LandRover. Class.

Alan

Guess what? Drove down toDarwin yesterday through floodwaters to drop off my 130 at my trusted LandRover man this morning. It’s been running hot this last phase of the moon and I’m fairly sure it’s the thermostat. But like any Landy owner (Matt and Paul!) I’m worried it might be something more pricey and that his probings might reveal more i$$ue$

Guess what? Drove down toDarwin yesterday through floodwaters to drop off my 130 at my trusted LandRover man this morning. It’s been running hot this last phase of the moon and I’m fairly sure it’s the thermostat. But like any Landy owner (Matt and Paul!) I’m worried it might be something more pricey and that his probings might reveal more i$$ue$
hhmm maybe water pump or like you said thermostat ...good luck :) off out in a bit to have a look at a range rover l322

Last edited by a moderator:
Back