• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

The saga continues

Ha Ha! I was right. It was the thermostat. Cost $80 for the replacement but $400 labour…😖

Trouble is old mate at LandRover has a monopoly on the new ‘tropical strength’ 78 degree thermostats that have come out. Chinee haven’t had time to knock them off yet and put them on ‘ali baba’.

Anyway for $600 bucks got new balsy thermostat and and additional water separator fitted. The results are remarkable! Now I don’t need to drive around in the stifling tropical heat with my heater on full blast 🤣

LandRover. Gotta love ‘em.

Alan
IMG_1318.jpeg

Still feeling very ill but I'm off to collect the new adition to the fleet at 1400 today :) .. will post up a photo when I stop at the post office to tax it
Online is done and dusted. 👍🏻
You could have been busted by the 5ohh feds if you drove it tut post orifice...😮

Did it get the advisories done :lol:
Date tested
13 November 2023
PASS
Mileage
151,036 miles
Test location
View test location

MOT test number
8770 2339 3325
Expiry date
12 November 2024
Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):
  • Nearside Rear Lower Seat belt anchorage prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive (7.1.1 (a) (i))
  • Offside Rear Lower Seat belt anchorage prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive (7.1.1 (a) (i))
  • Nearside Front Lower Suspension arm pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement (5.3.4 (a) (i))
  • Offside Front Lower Suspension arm pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement (5.3.4 (a) (i))
  • Rear Inner Brake pad(s) wearing thin (1.1.13 (a) (ii))
  • Parking brake efficiency only just met. It would appear that the braking system requires adjustment or repair. (1.4.2 (a) (i))

Back