• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Window Bars

Law and prosecution is flawed. You can have all the evidence you like and still fail at proving the truth.

I thought you put it pretty well LW, I only meant to agree with you. (Don't get too excited :rofl::rofl::rofl: I know it doesn't happen all that often)

I thought you put it pretty well LW, I only meant to agree with you. (Don't get too excited :rofl::rofl::rofl: I know it doesn't happen all that often)
I thought you put it better!!:lol: I know what I want to say but sometimes I have trouble getting it across( basic education!)

and
Law and prosecution is flawed. You can have all the evidence you like and still fail at proving the truth.
I agree with you Mark, it's usually down to how much you can afford as to whether you get found guilty.

Last edited:
it shouldn't be down to how much money one has! shows how wrong our legal system can be.

There is no evidence that can stop injustice from the law. Only wealth. Also if your lawyer is respected in the court.

what ever happened to "the truth will set you free", the truth shouldn't depend on how much money one has, the truth is the truth. I know defence lawyers are there to get people off no matter what a scumbag their client is, but at the end of the day, a decision in court should be what is the truth not about money.
but then I guess i'm just old fashioned.

Well it’s certainly not that way now. I have watched a court case destroy a family’s life. The family where the victims but this did not matter and the recording proving they were telling the truth got dismissed. You couldn’t meet a better bunch of people ether straight down the line kind of folk.

I haven't been in a court since 1986 and that was as a witness in a civil case so I suppose its all different now

well that was over 30 years ago and as we all know "the law is an ass" so I shouldn't be too surprise at the turn of events I suppose.

it has to be proportunate, you cant shoot some who has a knife, even if you wanted to, it has to be "reasonable force", i'm not sure if that has ever been explained to the general public and its very much in the lap of the gods, or how the judge is feeling that day, when it goes to court.

This is just not sensible. When it comes to a victim having to face up to a bigger stronger & maybe even a younger & fitter assailant/s, getting into a knife fight is simply not a good option. If I have family to protect, then I can't afford to lose. Whilst that may make me more dangerous, I am still an old man. There is a saying, "I would rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6".
Keith.

there is another saying, it was quoted regarding planning laws but it applies just as well here.
"I would rather seek forgiveness afterwards than have to ask permission before".

in this area its more like HOURS than minutes! and unless the perpetrator is still on the premises they don't attend anyway, they just give you a "crime number" for your insurance company.
I see there is a report now that says if shoplifting is less than £200 in value they wont prosecute.

wow this has been on my mind all week, Did you order them or make them yourself? I really want some extra protection on my doors and windows. This is just the kind of thing I was looking for.

When I lived on an island everyone left their keys in the ignition and their doors open, it was lovely. So safe.

It looks a bit, prison like? I'm not sure I would like to look through bars all the time, or are they removable? I would like to have something like that stashed so that if necessary they could be added but oh would think I had completely flipped if I suggested it. We are on a lane with several neighbours who are either retired or work from home so there is usually someone around, add to that my crazy dogs who loudly comment on anyone passing or approaching and I think I have a warning system in place.

yea i made them myself cat, I am a welder. they can removed with a special spline tool. but my thinking was by putting them up now was people have just got use to them. I have a few people ask me about them, and I told them I got fucked over with my house insurance once after a burglary, (which is 100% true)
and decided to not have insurance any more and sort out my own security !!

Back