• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

winter boots

I use my fishing neoprene wellies in the snow. A put gel insoles in and wear a thin pair then a thick warm pair of socks. Thin pair goes over my base lair....thick pair over my trousers then my waterproof trousers inside the wellies. Waterproofs get put over the top if raining or snowing:) This is my preferred method for snow (white mud lol)....

I use my fishing neoprene wellies in the snow. A put gel insoles in and wear a thin pair then a thick warm pair of socks. Thin pair goes over my base lair....thick pair over my trousers then my waterproof trousers inside the wellies. Waterproofs get put over the top if raining or snowing:) This is my preferred method for snow (white mud lol)....
Yep sounds good mate :)

I'll be hiking about in mine, with my gore tex gaiters over the top, to keep the snow and wet weather out :thumbsup:

My karimor boots, thick cotton socks, thick woollen socks and if it really wet my Peter Storm high leg gaiters. I don't care what anybody says the Cairngorms are never going to get as cold as the hartz mountains or the Bavarian alps and I've survived both

My karimor boots, thick cotton socks, thick woollen socks and if it really wet my Peter Storm high leg gaiters. I don't care what anybody says the Cairngorms are never going to get as cold as the hartz mountains or the Bavarian alps and I've survived both

Freeze the whatsets of a brass monkey in the alps joe. And am inclined to believe you with that statement mate. Your one tuff old git that's for sure :thumbsup:.

A bought my daughter a pair of karimor boots and she has never once complained about them.....so the proof is in that alone joe because if she doesn't like something she will let me know straight away lol. Never had any Peter storm stuff so a don't have any opinions on them mate but a will take your word for it:thumbsup:

Nice I've recently brought a few new pairs of boats but am going to get some non gortex non leather ones to try this year
I can recommend a pair of Lowa's.

German engineering at its best :thumbsup::D

Freeze the whatsets of a brass monkey in the alps joe. And am inclined to believe you with that statement mate. Your one tuff old git that's for sure :thumbsup:.

A bought my daughter a pair of karimor boots and she has never once complained about them.....so the proof is in that alone joe because if she doesn't like something she will let me know straight away lol. Never had any Peter storm stuff so a don't have any opinions on them mate but a will take your word for it:thumbsup:
The original Peter Storm out door kit was designed by an ex Royal Marine called Noel Bibby Mark, he also invented the cagoul

ive got a few pairs of boots ....Lowa,s highleg in black , british army issue patrol boots , i will be looking to replace fairly soon for the trip away :cool:

im steering towards a light weight water proof boot ....will let you all know what i decide on :rolleyes:

Nice boots Gary....I like the low backs on them.
Cheers Bill, i normally wouldn't go for a pair gortex lined, my feet sweat in them, but i bought these for the winter use. They classed as a trekking and backpacking boot, a fair bit lighter than the military boots, my Lowa desert elites are a tad heavy, but the comfiest boots I've ever owned. I hoping these are the same :thumbsup:

I got the 9 and 10 sizes and have gone with the 10 after trying them on with 2 pairs of thick socks. Seem very comfy. Thanks Bop :)
they will definitely do the job Paul, I'm a great believer in Karrimor kit

The new boots arrived......tried them on and they are a nice comfortable fit with good wool socks on.
I have given them a good spray with some Febsil Universal Protector.....protects against stains and water.
Febsil is a good product and can be used on Fabrics..Suede...and Leather.
I don't do a lot of hiking these days.....which is just as well as these boots offer no ankle support at all.....but for me....they are easy to get on and off.
The main use for them will be some walking around the fields and farm yards while hunting.......and the occasional meet.

Seems a shame to get them dirty.

The new boots arrived......tried them on and they are a nice comfortable fit with good wool socks on.
I have given them a good spray with some Febsil Universal Protector.....protects against stains and water.
Febsil is a good product and can be used on Fabrics..Suede...and Leather.
I don't do a lot of hiking these days.....which is just as well as these boots offer no ankle support at all.....but for me....they are easy to get on and off.
The main use for them will be some walking around the fields and farm yards while hunting.......and the occasional meet.

Seems a shame to get them dirty.
are they similar to your other pair Bill?

Back