• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Winter doldrums

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
Well.......it has gone a bit quiet on the forum with the weather or other commitments keeping us indoors :(

BUT........Spring Summer is on the way back to bathe us in warmth and sunlight.......yeah right :D:rolleyes:

Anyone got any plans or new kit on the cards that they would like to share here......tell us about it :thumbsup:
On a personal note....I hope to get more time out with the rifle and cull a few more
Greys and Bunnies etc.
Spend more time in the woods getting on with some wood carving and whittling......just being out.

Happy Days :thumbsup:

I'm pottering about getting stuff together for the trip to Galloway, making sure everything is as it should be. Other than that.... we've not had the weather for much, even the semi regular long weekend dug walks have been curtailed a bit, no 10 milers for a while. Hopefully things will improve.

I’ve had my camp a couple of weeks ago and am looking forward to one in March , might try a day pack challenge overnighter ( weather permitting ) . My birthday next week so hopefully some new gear on the horizon 😃
Will be continuing my lightweight quest in 2020 but it’s difficult when your a diagnosed kit tart 🤪

Well.......it has gone a bit quiet on the forum with the weather or other commitments keeping us indoors :(

BUT........Spring Summer is on the way back to bathe us in warmth and sunlight.......yeah right :D:rolleyes:

Anyone got any plans or new kit on the cards that they would like to share here......tell us about it :thumbsup:
On a personal note....I hope to get more time out with the rifle and cull a few more
Greys and Bunnies etc.
Spend more time in the woods getting on with some wood carving and whittling......just being out.

Happy Days :thumbsup:
Sometime in the next couple of months things are going to change big time for me so unfortunately any long term plans are on hold :(

I’ve had my camp a couple of weeks ago and am looking forward to one in March , might try a day pack challenge overnighter ( weather permitting ) . My birthday next week so hopefully some new gear on the horizon 😃
Will be continuing my lightweight quest in 2020 but it’s difficult when your a diagnosed kit tart 🤪

I keep planning on doing a lightweight overnighter but I never seem to get round to it, I always end up putting something else in the bag until I give up and just take my big bag. :oopsy: Let us know how you get on and what you end up getting for your birthday. ;)

Today is gathering all my food for my jaunt to Galloway in the morning. I think it'll be a challenging week judging by the persistent rain and wind forecast but looks like we may get some snow for you guys arriving later next week.
tbh even though I'm not a fair weather camper, normally if I was solo camping and this was the forecast I'd cancel my trip but I'm up for the challenge on this occasion.
@Bam I'm certainly not going lightweight. 2 rucksacks packed and that's not including the clothes and food which I'm storing in the car.

Today is gathering all my food for my jaunt to Galloway in the morning. I think it'll be a challenging week judging by the persistent rain and wind forecast but looks like we may get some snow for you guys arriving later next week.
tbh even though I'm not a fair weather camper, normally if I was solo camping and this was the forecast I'd cancel my trip but I'm up for the challenge on this occasion.
@Bam I'm certainly not going lightweight. 2 rucksacks packed and that's not including the clothes and food which I'm storing in the car.

Me neither Paul, my plan is to take my Crusader and pack most the rest of the stuff into a deployment bag or two, I'm bringing in the food for me and Smurf and chairs/table/tools/camp fire cooking kit etc. :lol: Its going to be a cross between a 'site' camp and a wild camp I think, definitely a lot more civilised than I'm used to but with the weather the way it is, we might be hanging around the camp a fair bit. :(

Sometime in the next couple of months things are going to change big time for me so unfortunately any long term plans are on hold :(

You will be O.K. you old tart you......lucky you have all of us here to shower you with love and sympathy :notlistening::notlistening::notlistening:

I'm pottering about getting stuff together for the trip to Galloway, making sure everything is as it should be. Other than that.... we've not had the weather for much, even the semi regular long weekend dug walks have been curtailed a bit, no 10 milers for a while. Hopefully things will improve.

Breakfast Bam.......Breakfast :whistle::rofl:

@Madriverrob

Think I am about middle weight with the overnight kit at the moment........which is O.K. because I don't have to walk far at my local pitch :thumbsup:
Another Birthday and MORE kit Rob........that could spiral you into the middle weight club too :eek::D

Good opportunity to get some carving done under the tarp if its pouring it down.
If you can get away with more kit on the longer stays/trips then all the better.....may swell be comfortable............... and wet :rofl:
Hope you do manage to get a bit of snow:thumbsup:

I've told him I'll sort the scran, we don't want to be home to mister Cockup. ;) No in fairness, Smurf never takes any petrol money off me so its the least I can do to provide the nosebag. He can feel free to join in with the cooking duties though. :p

Far to soft mate.......let him wash up and make the tea as well :rofl::rofl:

Sounds like you two oppo's have it sussed and have a good routine together.:thumbsup:

You do realise how much crap you will have to take if you forget something after all this Andy....

:lol: Well, you always forget something, its the law but you just have to hope its something minor or have a work round, sh1t happens. Forget a lighter, you use a ferro rod, forget your spork, use a food packet to shovel the lumps into your gub, forget your oppo's breakfast, thats beyond the pale. :rofl:

:lol: Well, you always forget something, its the law but you just have to hope its something minor or have a work round, sh1t happens. Forget a lighter, you use a ferro rod, forget your spork, use a food packet to shovel the lumps into your gub, forget your oppo's breakfast, thats beyond the pale. :rofl:

Forget your toilet paper.........use @Joecole hat 🤭

Busy building a fence at the moment, but in between I'm getting ready for a trip to Scotland end of March. Be my first camp out in more than a year, really looking forward to it, so treating myself to some new bits of kit. Just got a DD under blanket, hoping to get myself a DD 3x3, a sawyer mini and a few other bits and bobs.

Back