• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Winter doldrums

Sounds good Jon...on your own or with company?...........where are you thinking in Scotland? :thumbsup:

I'm looking to get new walking boots this year as I damaged them on the Fisherfield boulder fields and the seams are starting to part company. My 70l Montaine rucksack hood strap anchor is also torn (but functional). So new one of them will be needed eventually. Stuff never lasts me long as I'm quite hashy!

I'm looking to get new walking boots this year as I damaged them on the Fisherfield boulder fields and the seams are starting to part company. My 70l Montaine rucksack hood strap anchor is also torn (but functional). So new one of them will be needed eventually. Stuff never lasts me long as I'm quite hashy!

You could just put an extra pair of socks on and use those Altberg boots. :rolleyes:

Sounds good Jon...on your own or with company?...........where are you thinking in Scotland? :thumbsup:
I'm going with a friend to a moot arranged by a group on Faceache. Blinkbonny woods near Haddington. Wanted to go to the Galloway trip but funds did not allow this time. Hadn't seen my mate for a year and he just called in for a cuppa and invited me. Got another trip planned with @Ystranc more local at some point. We are yet to arrange it

I'm going with a friend to a moot arranged by a group on Faceache. Blinkbonny woods near Haddington. Wanted to go to the Galloway trip but funds did not allow this time. Hadn't seen my mate for a year and he just called in for a cuppa and invited me. Got another trip planned with @Ystranc more local at some point. We are yet to arrange it

All sounds good mate......and something to look forward to and plan :thumbsup:
Hope you take plenty of pictures at the Moot and share :thumbsup:

I'm planning some bike camping trips on the Royal Enfield Himalayan. Very pleased with the bike and think it will be a nice way to discover the new country I moved to in July. I know the Sussex South Downs like the back of my hand but here in Wales I'm very much the lost new boy. Come the better weather I'll put basic overnight kit on board and just explore.

Also got another bike/camping trip to Falmouth planned, visiting someone I worked with long ago, that's via a stop overnight on Dartmoor.

This year is going to be very different for me as I will mostly be getting out on solo trips. I wanted to get out again last week but the weather put me off, if it’s too windy for me it’s not as enjoyable, give me any other weather and I’m perfect but wind is not cool 😂

Really enjoying sleeping on the ground at the moment with my new nemo sleeping pad, looking forward to experimenting more with tarp shelters, feels more wild to me right now. Looking to take a trip for a couple of days in Scotland in the Easter holidays, maybe the Cairngorms, it’s beautiful round there.

As for new gear I’ve been looking at getting a new buck saw. The Bahco does a good job but I feel I need something that can rip through larger logs. Been looking at the Borial 21, seems perfect for what I need. I’ve also been thinking about getting a small fishing rod that will fold down in my backpack so I can get some fishing done this year. Because I’ll be on my own mostly fishing sounds like a good time killer.

So that’s my update anyway. Hope everyone has a smashing year and I look forward to seeing lots of trips 👍🏻

Well I bought a few upgrades, from my birthday money. ( too cantankerous to tell anyone what I want, Just gimme the money!;)) A DD 4x4, fuel bottle and fuel, and I needed a light/lantern for under the tarp, so I bought something I had never heard of. It's this: Tread Lite Gear Ultralight Cuben Fiber Rechargeable LED Lantern 11g. nothing much to look at but it's ultra lightweight and rechargeable, might be a bit gimmicky but hey worth a bash.

Back