• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

ALO ALO CARP’ers

Wow.....what a great setting to fish by Mark.....beautiful :thumbsup:
I bet this is one day you are praying for a good down poor to test out the new bivi........snug as a bug inside:)
Hope you have a good session and catch a few.

Just a thought mate.....get rid of that cooker as soon as you can......heard some horror stories regarding them.....not the safest :(
Very much pot luck.

Have a good'un mate...........dinny forgeet thu photees......ken?

Cheers mate
A was reading that with a smile bill😁 until you got to the cooker, noo am nervous 😬😂 yeah a agree buddy, it needs to go 👍🏻 Can’t buy a new one just now, she would do her bunnet 😆

cracking wee fishery, very friendly owners, knowing them for about 10 years, I’m allowed the privilege only given to a few who fish up here, to come before it opens 😁 snag the best spots 😁 hopefully I’ve chosen a good one lol.

Sorry about the cooker comment Mark.....be fine outside :thumbsup: ......didnt mean to pee on your bonfire buddy:D
Keep looking at the picture of the lake.......looks very well cared for and looked after. :)

Sorry about the cooker comment Mark.....be fine outside :thumbsup: ......didnt mean to pee on your bonfire buddy:D
Keep looking at the picture of the lake.......looks very well cared for and looked after. :)

Al joking aside buddy, you’ve given me a nudge in the right direction, twisted my arm tae buy a new one Ken 😆

they do look after the place bill, a think it was two years ago (maby more) that this pond got poisoned from the field next to it and almost wiped out his stock 👎 that hit them hard, big lengthy court battle to boot. Still there always welcoming, however brake the rules and you won’t be back lol, fair play in my book

This guy is having more luck than me 🤷🏼‍♂️
A0CFF414-C35E-4E21-B79F-762E2EE66868.jpeg

Well !!! The results? This might surprise a few of you🤔...... I blanked 😐😂 am jinxed 😁

apart from no catching anything, I had a wonderful day 😁 the bivvy was a treat, my new rod is brilliant to casting (no catching 🤷🏼‍♂️) am still a happy chappy, and am figuring that if I return to the same spot a few more times then the law of averages will kick in and I could catch,

“rubbing salt on the wounds”
Phoned my mate Who arrived later on in the day and fished the other lake , to tell him I was off home, asked him what he caught, he replies nothing.... brilliant I thought 🤔😂 but by the time I got home the barstool had caught 3 🤨 am no talking to him again 😕

hopefully am returning for round two next week 🥳

Wow.....what a great setting to fish by Mark.....beautiful :thumbsup:
I bet this is one day you are praying for a good down poor to test out the new bivi........snug as a bug inside:)
Hope you have a good session and catch a few.

Just a thought mate.....get rid of that cooker as soon as you can......heard some horror stories regarding them.....not the safest :(
Very much pot luck.

Have a good'un mate...........dinny forgeet thu photees......ken?

I've got a few of those briefcase stoves, not had any problems, I use them for hot smoking salmon for the missus and other 'mundane' stuff like 'emergency hobs' (only had to use once for this). Keep one up the allotment too for the missus. They suffer with wind (don't we all.... :whistle: )and I wouldn't take one up the hills but they have their place.

Have a good day mate, hope you get a few trophies to show the doubters. ;)

It’s a small’ish pond but there’s weed everywhere and only a handful of fish. Seen two large carp just out from the bank to the right of me, couldn’t cast that way tho as the weeds are mental lol. I will conquer that pond 😁 I’m nothing if not persistent, or delusional 🥳

Back