• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Chilly January Solo Camp

Thanks Bill, Still looking forward to it even though the shower when I got home was fantastic!
I left the unpacking of the car till tomorrow. :)
Oh @Matt its actually more like 2:45 hrs to Aviemore from home.
will you be using the A9 ?

Thanks Bill, Still looking forward to it even though the shower when I got home was fantastic!
I left the unpacking of the car till tomorrow. :)
Oh @Matt its actually more like 2:45 hrs to Aviemore from home.

Nothing like a nice hot shower mate.....you are very welcome to use the one in my tent :whistle:

Morning Paul.

Good video mate and shows the lay of the land.....looks pretty scrubby and bumpy with a lot of Heather.......OK for hammocks but maybe not so good for tenting?
Lovely area that's for sure.

Nice set up and pitch you had there.
Are you happy with your lamp......look like a nice warm glow coming from it.....nice little hand warmer too lol.
How did you find the walk in using the sled........how far was it from car to pitch?
Thanks for sharing the video and for your efforts.

Bill, I have a lot more video of the area to edit and post but you're right, not good for tents except over at the sandy (exposed) lochside.
There wasn't really enough snow on the trails for the sledge so it was kind of noisy to drag but I had no option since I'd decided to take a bag of firewood. The bag didn't last long and I took a couple of small dead standing trees down too.
I had estimated the walk in at 1km based on cutting across between trails but that wasn't possible in the end. I recorded my return route on Map My Hike at 1.7km. My lower back is very sore today.

@G1ZmO

Have a look at the snugpak softie elite 5 mate it’s the one I’m going for. Tad expensive but after watch a good few reviews on them. Worth the money for me :D
Hello.... Was out the other night and with my snugpak softie elite 5 and softie jacket and trousers plus handwarmers it was cold.... Think its being an auld over fifty, thinking he's a 21 year old could be the problem eeeeh paul😋

Hello.... Was out the other night and with my snugpak softie elite 5 and softie jacket and trousers plus handwarmers it was cold.... Think its being an auld over fifty, thinking he's a 21 year old could be the problem eeeeh paul😋

Is the bag any gid FW ??

Back