• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Food

All you 'spamites' need to get with the programme...

Bacon grill puts spam in a headlock and gives it a noogy !!!!

106721-Plumrose-Bacon-Grill-Bacon-Roll-250g1.jpg

Still get it for a quid a tin in B&M etc.

All you 'spamites' need to get with the programme...

Bacon grill puts spam in a headlock and gives it a noogy !!!!

106721-Plumrose-Bacon-Grill-Bacon-Roll-250g1.jpg

Still get it for a quid a tin in B&M etc.
Thanks for the tip

Don't know if your old enough to remember Rob but we also used to get rolled up rashers of bacon in tins and that was good

Never had that , generally issued 10 man rat packs , fresh food delivery on exercise would be a few loafs and a tray of eggs for banjo making .............

ooops going off track here sorry.

Bringing it back.........a good Breakfast sets me up for the day.........can get by with a few snacks after that.......soup etc.
Unless it's cold......then more on the menu with plenty of fluids :thumbsup:

Reactions: lol
Joe, Bacon Grill Ā£1 a can in Tesco.

If your not hiking, you on a camp site then you can pretty well take whatever you fancy. If your taking fresh chicken and or sausage then freeze them at home and pack when your leaving the house. Quick meals are the likes of noodles, cook and add a can of Tuna, cheats stew = can of stewed beef+can of spuds+can of mxed veg all in the pot and you have a stew in a few mins. Pita bread or wraps are great, stuff them with all sorts, cheese, ham, burgers etc and a bit of salad with it. Make a spag bol at home, freeze it and take to camp, same with a curry.

+1 on ration packs, you don't need to take anything else with you

British Army 24 hour Ration pack camping outdoors MRE Meals 1 - 14 | eBay

the French 24 hour packs are good to

MRE RCIR French Military Food Ration 24H MENU Combat Daily Pack Survival Box rep | eBay

Joe, Bacon Grill Ā£1 a can in Tesco.

If your not hiking, you on a camp site then you can pretty well take whatever you fancy. If your taking fresh chicken and or sausage then freeze them at home and pack when your leaving the house. Quick meals are the likes of noodles, cook and add a can of Tuna, cheats stew = can of stewed beef+can of spuds+can of mxed veg all in the pot and you have a stew in a few mins. Pita bread or wraps are great, stuff them with all sorts, cheese, ham, burgers etc and a bit of salad with it. Make a spag bol at home, freeze it and take to camp, same with a curry.

+1 on ration packs, you don't need to take anything else with you

British Army 24 hour Ration pack camping outdoors MRE Meals 1 - 14 | eBay

the French 24 hour packs are good to

MRE RCIR French Military Food Ration 24H MENU Combat Daily Pack Survival Box rep | eBay
Your making me salivate and

Most of my camping nowadays is centred around the re-enactment so weight isn't an issue . When there's space to take tables and chairs saving the odd ounce by using dehydrated food is pretty unimportant. I made a timber chest and lined it with one inch thick kingspan insulation ( the expanded foam type stuff coated in silver foil) and into that will go cooled foodstuff along with a couple of bottles of frozen juice . Never yet had a problem with anything going off and that is with the chest sitting outside for the weekend. We could just use a cool box but that would need hiding away in the tent whereas the chest can sit in full view , being part of the display and be accessible at all times.
Oh and another vote for spam and bacon grill even iff I'm tied between the two as to which one is best. Can't seem to get the family to eat it though , they moan it's too fatty and salty. But then they don't like fray bentos puddings either...

Most of my camping nowadays is centred around the re-enactment so weight isn't an issue . When there's space to take tables and chairs saving the odd ounce by using dehydrated food is pretty unimportant. I made a timber chest and lined it with one inch thick kingspan insulation ( the expanded foam type stuff coated in silver foil) and into that will go cooled foodstuff along with a couple of bottles of frozen juice . Never yet had a problem with anything going off and that is with the chest sitting outside for the weekend. We could just use a cool box but that would need hiding away in the tent whereas the chest can sit in full view , being part of the display and be accessible at all times.
Nice thinking, I often use a bushcraft fridge, a tin with a wet towel draped over if and sat in the breeze

Back