• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Gone fishin'

Woodlander

Very Addicted
20190807_142827.jpg
1565184733368-2065095766.jpg

Back home now, was more about the relax than catching anything. Which I could say there was one that got away and it was huge but that would be bull . I never even got a bite. But.... on the way back I did come across a couple of apple trees......
20190807_155056.jpg
20190807_155053.jpg
20190807_154013.jpg
20190807_154100.jpg
20190807_154109.jpg
20190807_154200.jpg
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1565191388593.jpeg

May not be a fish but still not returned empty handed! No Idea what apples they are but definitely eaters and really tasty!

You're getting better weather than me mate, its torrential here with thunder and lightning thrown in for shits and giggles. :(
Its coming. Just managed to get a dry day. Friday is meant to be bombing it down with thunder and lightning. Perfect weather to get out I say! Not letting the weather stop play with me, give me the worst you got, been cooped up too long nothing stopping me now lol!

love the rod thing, whats the name of it hobo rod ? how effective are they ?

Back home now, was more about the relax than catching anything. Which I could say there was one that got away and it was huge but that would be bull . I never even got a bite. But.... on the way back I did come across a couple of apple trees......View attachment 18644View attachment 18645View attachment 18641View attachment 18640View attachment 18639View attachment 18638View attachment 18642
May not be a fish but still not returned empty handed! No Idea what apples they are but definitely eaters and really tasty!
a nice haul Jon, more than makes up for the lack of fish

Its coming. Just managed to get a dry day. Friday is meant to be bombing it down with thunder and lightning. Perfect weather to get out I say! Not letting the weather stop play with me, give me the worst you got, been cooped up too long nothing stopping me now lol!

Aye friday looks like its going to be interesting.

They look more like cider Annie

Now there's a nickname. :lol:

love the rod thing, whats the name of it hobo rod ? how effective are they ?
If you go by my fishing they are really effective, for going hungry and catching a cold! Not the worlds best fisherman, too impatient and get bored and distracted too easily

I thought the apples looked a bit like "discovery"it's hard to tell for sure.
I usually skin eels and fry them but I don't remember eating one that small. We used to fish for conger eels off old shipwrecks. They were pretty big, big enough to feed the whole family on eel until we were sick of it.
Note to Mark, Woody caught something with a hobo reel, no more excuses.

Back