• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

new rifle

Plenty of good firearms made in turkey, think a lot of BSA are made in Spain by gamo.

My local gunshot stated that no real difference between Spanish, Turkish or British in terms of quality; they see as many £1000 daystate faults as £400 hatsan!

Not on par with what you have ordered Matt. :(

I had one a few years back........it was ok but the build quality was not up to much.
Can tell straight away when you cock the rifle.
They do shoot well though.......I had a Tench reg fitted to it.
Being a fairly big chap you may find it a bit on the small side..........thicker butt pad sorts that.

Have you given the BSA Ultra a thought or AA S400

Why are you having second thoughts mate??:thumbsdown:

to be truthful its all about price ...iv managed to get the cash together for the webley but im struggling with reasoning that the webley is a better rifle to the tune of £200 than the AAs200 .....

im going into the gun shop tomorrow after work and im going to try both rifle,s and see which fits my needs ....im 80% mind made up on the webley BUT ive got the nagging voice on my shoulder "is it that much better" ...i spose only i can make the decision ...its been a long time since ive spent £500 pluss on a rifle

Buy in haste, repent at leisure... if you're able to try before you buy it would be a great help. Not many shops will do that though.

Buy in haste, repent at leisure... if you're able to try before you buy it would be a great help. Not many shops will do that though.

im going to give all the rifles in my price range a good going over tomorrow :cool:....but i am a sucker for a walnut stock :lol:

Have a good day trying them out Matt.

Just about every rifle you buy these days will benifit from a bit of tuning.....Blueprint being the minimum.
Even regulated rifles need tweaking sometimes to get the best from the rifle.
The joys and pitfalls of mass production........and not so good quality control.
Most rifles be it spring or pcp can be fettled at a later date.
As long as you are happy with the initial choice.
If in doubt.......walk away and save more cash mate......I can lend you a rifle until you are ready.

Good luck today.

Forgot to add......sometimes a good option to buy second hand.....if you can find a rifle that has had the extra work done already.
Also your RFD might be more open to you taking the rifle away to try for a day or two if they do not have a range at the shop.
Shot count is not that important I dont think.......how many rabbits can you carry anyway?
Only becomes an issue when pinking sending lots of lead down the range.

RAPE it.....don't unwrap it........................... rip it to bits ;):rofl:

Pictures need pictures :thumbsup:

IMG_20180526_164546.jpg
IMG_20180526_164638.jpg
IMG_20180526_164644.jpg
IMG_20180526_164712.jpg

Thets a sexy looking thang.....I say sexy :D
Lovely timber on her Matt:thumbsup:

Give @divebuddy a shout mate......he may be able to get hold of one at the Dive club.....just a thought :thumbsup:

Look forward to seeing her with the scope on top.....what size is the scope tube;) ??

Thets a sexy looking thang.....I say sexy :D
Lovely timber on her Matt:thumbsup:

Give @divebuddy a shout mate......he may be able to get hold of one at the Dive club.....just a thought :thumbsup:

Look forward to seeing her with the scope on top.....what size is the scope tube;) ??

Dick is going to lend me a bottle for a bit till he gets one tested for me ....(good man :) )

the scope ive ordered has 25mm tube ;)

Back