• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register
Tomahawk_002_KH_REDUCED.jpg
Knife_002_REDUCED.jpg
Legging_Knife_2_REDUCED.jpg

clasp_18th_century_REDUCED.jpg

I have other knives & tomahawks, but these are the only ones & carry & use.
Keith.

I am glad you showed the axe, I wanted to know how many people carried an axe. I like the knives too, I can see why you use the ones you do. Good images Mark, thank you.
Keith.

Your welcome Keith

These day I feel naked in the woods without my axe lol

I like plain simple knives, no fancy saws on the back of the blade, no added weight from a cross guard. Large enough to get the job done but light, good blade for skinning & butchering. Mark's knife from Norway fits the bill. I would carry this one.
Keith.

yeah, I don't like saws on the backs of knives either, I think its too gimmicky and spoils the knife.

To buck the trend this one is antique from around 1820-1850 made in Liverpool when it was at the height of its wealth and importance.
It is a legal everyday carry sportsman’s pocket knife and rarer than unicorn poo. Any knife is only any good if you have it with you and “legal carry“ has become more of an issue in the UK over recent years.
2891E4F6-AD9E-4DDE-AC4A-B10898C6ADBE.jpeg
0B0677D9-DA69-4DFD-A66C-A3D16655A9A3.jpeg

That is a cracking knife Mike and for its age its in bloody good condition.....very nice;)

You do realise @Ark79 is going to be all over you like a rash :rofl::thumbsup:

Some of the AGU boys will have seen this one before, it was made for me as a present by a friends father who makes
knives, swords, sheaths and wood carvings in his tiny garden shed.

Attachments

• 44723-3c970e127fcf93185bc5b871cd5f0034.jpg
    44723-3c970e127fcf93185bc5b871cd5f0034.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 82
Back