• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Wales Spring meet 2024 Chat & Banter

Something I did notice whilst browsing that web page and thought useful - they have longbow covers. Something that could be handy for anyone, I'm thinking particularly of @cuckoo996 Jono, who uses public transport. Taking an unsheathed bow onto a bus or train could raise a few eyebrows.

Something I did notice whilst browsing that web page and thought useful - they have longbow covers. Something that could be handy for anyone, I'm thinking particularly of @cuckoo996 Jono, who uses public transport. Taking an unsheathed bow onto a bus or train could raise a few eyebrows.
Wales has a proud tradition of bowmen (and attacking neighbours from ambush before running away) Considering the axe and the Mohawk haircut a longbow is just the icing on the cake as far as raising a few eyebrows…it’s a good conversation piece if nothing else. By the time he gets off the train all the other passengers will have heard all about it and be wanting to come along and do the bowyers course. It’s not like London where people are afraid of conversation.

Last edited:
Can't you take the string off so it's just a stick? I presume a bow can be restrung.

Can't you take the string off so it's just a stick? I presume a bow can be restrung.
Yes, a bow spends all it's time when unused with the string released or off. It's only strung for immediate use. However, even unstrung it is clearly a bow and could attract comment. I suppose it depends on the individual, I would want to keep mine covered up in public.

Righto Bois Bach, Dai Traed telling ewe here now look ewe innit.😆
I don't care who's coat is that jacket but I'll be telling ewe this now innit.😀

Now in a minute I'll be covering up my bow see, cos I don't want no one seeing it you see!👀👀

And it's not a mowhawk look ewe now en @Ystranc , I'm receding on the sides see innit, now see. All back to front and front backwards me ewe see butty 🤦

And as for the train, Ivor the engine is sick that day, now see, look ewe, so Em is driving me up you see, the Clio may sound like a train, but tax and insurance says it isn't one you see.🤭

So there it is boys, I'll be OK see, see you all there now look see, my mohawk and me!👍

For those that don't understand what I just said in my native tongue..........

"The bow sleeve is a good idea but wont be needed because Emma is dropping me off.
Mike, it's not a mohawk, I'm awkward and receding on the sides not the top.
Can't wait, see you all there" 😉

That's why us Welsh are Bards, we can make a song and dance out of everything!

(Dai Traed means Dai Feet, and old building site nickname I was given many moons ago when I was younger)

That's a shame......maybe another time.....sounds like a nice guy as you say :thumbsup:

Pass the hat around when sat by the fire with the guys......share the cost of that generous single malt :thumbsup:

Hi all 🫣 looks like I will have to sit this one out… AGAIN!! Just priced a large job and if I get it then I’m starting at the end of the month…

@Paul N sorry buddy the fishing lessons will have to wait 😞 really can’t be helped hope you understand.

@Ystranc also sorry mate 👎 was looking forward being there

@Matt please don’t ban me from the forum 😁 sorry buddy

@divebuddy sorry mate was looking forward to chatting again

@cuckoo996 sorry mate was also looking forward to shooting a few arrows with you 👎

If I’ve missed out anyone , my apologies

Geez a feel like am writing a good by letter🫣

It really can be helped lads needs must and all that.

Incoming 😂😂

Hi all 🫣 looks like I will have to sit this one out… AGAIN!! Just priced a large job and if I get it then I’m starting at the end of the month…

@Paul N sorry buddy the fishing lessons will have to wait 😞 really can’t be helped hope you understand.

@cuckoo996 sorry mate was also looking forward to shooting a few arrows with you 👎

Incoming 😂😂
😭

Am not the most reliable person Paul 👎 but I was coming, but work takes priority (until I’m rich lol)
Don’t worry mate, I understand you have to make hay while the sun shines. Like I’ve said before, you’re welcome down here anytime…if it makes any difference there is a nice little Skean Dhu made by Nowill and Sons waiting for you when you get here…..(unless Jono buys it to go with his kilt :sneaky: )

Last edited:

Incoming 😂😂
As sad as it will be not to have you there, it's understandable. Money doesn't grow on trees, ( It used to, but now its made from plastic 🙄) hope all goes well for you with the job mate

Incoming 😂😂
Being serious now - I do understand, a man gotta earn a crust and take opportunities when they come. There will be another time. I can't say I'm not disappointed though, both not to have you at the meet, it's not complete without you there, and not take me for my fishing lesson. :(

Back