• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Wales Spring meet 2024 Chat & Banter

Besides, just because you recently scored a lot of free wood doesn't mean we have to use it for our purposes, effectively wasting your valuable resource. I'd rather we shipped in and bought our own wood for the campfire and stoves.
It’s not that Paul, it honestly isn’t dry enough yet. I’ve split some of it in an effort to make it dry faster but it won’t be anywhere near ready. It’s been a really wet winter and everything is taking an age to dry out.

The hot tent, air bed, stove, and Em.
we have decided to put the boys in a 5man tent together as the two man tents caused the most misery last time. I'm hoping to have a practice with them and @CaveDweller next weekend at putting it up and being in it so they feel more confident, and can see it will be waaaaayyyy better. Bearing in mind they are each the size of a mountain troll im hopeful this will satisfy as the inside dome bit is 2m.

we have decided to put the boys in a 5man tent together as the two man tents caused the most misery last time. I'm hoping to have a practice with them and @CaveDweller next weekend at putting it up and being in it so they feel more confident, and can see it will be waaaaayyyy better.
Hi @Minx . When will you be arriving and how long will you be staying for? Let me know and I'll add you to the list.

Hi @Minx . When will you be arriving and how long will you be staying for? Let me know and I'll add you to the list.
I believe we will be arriving Saturday morning, myself and the boys are travelling up Friday afternoon to @CaveDweller digs then we can get to @Ystranc lovely slice of welsh Wales Saturday morning (ish!) teen twinnies.... Glenn has to go back to work on Thursday/Friday so depending on how the boys cope we'll either stuggle on without him till Saturday and he can come help disassemble or we will bug out wednesday. It really depends heavily on the weather and how the new tent goes. *sigh* autism.

@Paul N how many of us are there this time?
All the details here:

Two week countdown begins today. :) Because I was fully prepared for the Aviemore meet most of my kit is still in boxes and bags ready to go. As it stands I could be ready to leave in just a couple of hours. How are your preparations proceeding?

Back