• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Scotland The Quest to Aviemore FEB 2nd -9th 2019

my exped down mat arrived today. that should keep the chill off my back

Please don't make the mistake /s I made with mine. do NOT blow into it with your mouth, use an inflater of choice, and when you store it, do NOT over inflate it, I did both, the first gave it black growth on the inside of the mat, the second burst 2 inner seams when it was brought into a warmer room. Apart from that, great warm mat, had mine down to -23 ;)

I did used to have the 9xl with its own schnozel pump.
But alas.....two of the seams went on that.....not repairable.
Now using the 7 ul........has an integrated hand pump.

Hoping Father Christmas is bringing an exped pillow that also acts as a schnozel pump as well.
If the valve on the pillow pump does not fit you can buy an adaptor.
The integrated pumps are OK but to be honest not very quick or efficient.

As Bop says....... do not over inflate

For the comfort and warmth they return they are defiantly worth the investment.

I think kit weight will always be a problem especially in the Winter months and for longer stays.
The food alone on a trip like this will weigh heavy.
Add to that a good supply of water.....maybe logs and coal :eek::D
We can always melt the snow if we get any:whistle:

Finding the right location will be the key to it all............and preferably somewhere with enough space that we are able to pitch a tent!! :D

will be starting the weekly count down soon guys :alert::eek::eek::eek::eek:

KIT packed ish :rolleyes:....im sure there,s going to be many rejig packs before we leave ....specialy after santa,s been :whistle:

I'm not too worried about the weight. Just need to do more trips back to the car.
Or drag it in on a sledge if there's enough snow.

If you're already packed, are you not intending to go out camping between now and then?

After Matt put up the link I went for the bowl that Gavin has. Great bit of kit and a good price. It
DSC_1089.JPG
arrived today.

I think kit weight will always be a problem especially in the Winter months and for longer stays.
The food alone on a trip like this will weigh heavy.
Add to that a good supply of water.....maybe logs and coal :eek::D
We can always melt the snow if we get any:whistle:

Finding the right location will be the key to it all............and preferably somewhere with enough space that we are able to pitch a tent!! :D

If some of you are worried about weight of food and water could you not leave it in the car and do daily trips to restock for the day, just a thought :)

If some of you are worried about weight of food and water could you not leave it in the car and do daily trips to restock for the day, just a thought :)

Top idea mate:thumbsup: a think some of the lads will probably do that anyway...... but I must admit....I never thought of that:sad::D that’s exactly what am doing. Also a change of clothes ;)

That's the beauty of car camping, you don't have to take it all at once :) As you say, clothing on top of food and water, fuel, wood, you only really need an overnighter bag once the camp is set up.

Back