• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Zebra Pot Baking

For the Zebra pot users amongst us who want to modify their plastic handle clips.
I found this video clip of a guy who is making his own.
Have ordered the wire to make a few sets when it comes.
Gives the measurements and shows his method of making them:thumbsup:

The wire cost me £6.00 with postage......they are selling on the Bushcraft store for £15.99 which I feel is far too expensive for what they are :whistle:

Got the pliers out and had a go at the metal clips that retain the pot lid on the 16cm Zebra.
They turned out ok but not as good as I would have liked.
Fitted them to the pot and they worked ok.

When I say ok.....they felt awkward and snarly to use even after adjustment.....not smooth like the plastic ones.
Looked at it all again.....and I am hoping that with fire control and careful use the plastic ones might do the job after all.
It is not like the pot is going to sit directly on a fire with flames licking the lid.

Trials will soon show up any shortfalls and failures I guess :thumbsup::D

DSC03183.JPG

Looks like a good effort, what's not right with them ?

My 16cm should be here this week, can't wait to try a chicken in it over meths :thumbsup:

They just did not feel nice to use Al........kind of like a rusty old bike chain compared to a nice oiled one :rofl:

The production ones probably work a lot better than the ones I tried to make:whistle::D

Look forward to seeing your results with the chicken over meths mate :thumbsup:

You could use those Poisson ( little chickens ) that I took to Brockwell ........
With my new lightweight ethos I'll be having cold , rehydrated chicken noodles :(....... not!

Yeah time and a place for lightweight, also a Poussin doesn't weigh that much in the scheme of meals ?

2 fails ( so far ) the pot fell over :( fixed that with minimal damage, I left the plastic clips on, by by clips ;) oh, and probably too much all together, on the second Trangia full of meths.

Stay tuned :D

Back